Value alternatives to unaccredited MBAs?

aslamo

Thanks for spotting that. I have updated the post. It's still excellent value for some who wants the core of the MBA in just one year, and with a modern curriculum. However, it does make the UoP MBA a better choice for people who want to study over two years, have more assessment and better feedback, and have a nationall-accredited US degree.  

Yes, it's amazing to think that you can still study a core MBA curriculum with an excellent and respoected US university for the same price as some two day courses.

[quote]Thanks for spotting that. I have updated the post. It's still excellent value for some who wants the core of the MBA in just one year, and with a modern curriculum. However, it does make the UoP MBA a better choice for people who want to study over two years, have more assessment and better feedback, and have a nationall-accredited US degree.&nbsp;&nbsp; [/quote]<br><br>Yes, it's amazing to think that you can still study a core MBA curriculum with an excellent and respoected US university for the same price as some two day courses.
mba hipste...

Other EdX courses have seen large price increases recently. I'm guessing this is due to a global increase in demand for online learning triggered by the COVID pandemic.

Plus, the Maryland Core - and other courses like it - are gaining credibility. This undoubtedly leads to more interest, which increases demand. 

I mean, if you think about it, the Maryland / EDx MBA launched in what - 2018? At that time it was rather untested, but it's three years later now. 

[quote]Other EdX courses have seen large price increases recently. I'm guessing this is due to a global increase in demand for online learning triggered by the COVID pandemic.[/quote]<br>Plus, the Maryland Core - and other courses like it - are gaining credibility. This undoubtedly leads to more interest, which increases demand.&nbsp;<br><br>I mean, if you think about it, the Maryland / EDx MBA launched in what - 2018? At that time it was rather untested, but it's three years later now.&nbsp;
aslamo

Another reason that prices of courses on MOOCs may be going up is the potential crystallisation of financial value in these platforms. Coursera is reportedly looking at a $5bn IPO and I would imagine EdX must be of similar worth.

Another reason that prices of courses on MOOCs may be going up is the potential crystallisation of financial value in these platforms. Coursera is reportedly looking at a $5bn IPO and I would imagine EdX must be of similar worth.
laurie

It's probably a good time for Coursera to do an IPO. That $5bn estimate is probably a bit overvalued and driven by the pandemic. Once things get back to normal I am not at all convinced Coursera will be hugely profitable. 

It's probably a good time for Coursera to do an IPO. That $5bn estimate is probably a bit overvalued and driven by the pandemic. Once things get back to normal I am not at all convinced Coursera will be hugely profitable.&nbsp;

Hello,
I wonder is the MBA from University of East London valuable or not?

Hello,<br>I wonder is the MBA from University of East London valuable or not?
Duncan

I can't see a reason to take it. 

I can't see a reason to take it.&nbsp;
jomalie

The price for UoL (LSE direction) is around £20,000 for BSc (12 full courses) and you might have 8 courses for graduate entry track (which is still around £13k). Am I missing something something? The original post said it is only £3k.

Also, the price for MMU is almost £14k now. 

The price for UoL (LSE direction) is around £20,000 for BSc (12 full courses) and you might have 8 courses for graduate entry track (which is still around £13k). Am I missing something something? The original post said it is only £3k.<br><br>Also, the price for MMU is almost £14k now.&nbsp;<br>
Duncan

Prices for everything are increasing.

Prices for everything are increasing.
mba hipste...

The price for UoL (LSE direction) is around £20,000 for BSc (12 full courses) and you might have 8 courses for graduate entry track (which is still around £13k). Am I missing something something? The original post said it is only £3k.

Don't the UoL degrees have different pricing structures for various regions? 

[quote]The price for UoL (LSE direction) is around £20,000 for BSc (12 full courses) and you might have 8 courses for graduate entry track (which is still around £13k). Am I missing something something? The original post said it is only £3k.<br> [/quote]<br>Don't the UoL degrees have different pricing structures for various regions?&nbsp;

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Birmingham (United Kingdom), United Kingdom (UK) 28 Followers 27 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom (UK) 41 Followers 87 Discussions
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom (UK) 10 Followers 12 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom (UK) 39 Followers 9 Discussions
College Park, Maryland 16 Followers 5 Discussions
Springfield, Missouri 5 Followers 5 Discussions