Henley Flexible Executive MBA vs Edinburgh Business School vs Durham vs Bradford


Hi I am confused on which school to choose.

I would like to gain you insights on which would be the most appropriate school for leadership transformation. I would like the MBA which would greatly contribute to development and practical application of skills esp soft skills.

I am gearing towards Henley Flexible Executive DL due to the blended delivery of the programme (2 to 3 days workshop every two months). However, the following are my concerns:
> It is not included in the recent rankings
> Higher cost

My next option:
Edinburgh Business School
Cons
> EBS is not included in the recent FT and QS top rankings for distance learning MBA, but I believe it has a long history of providing high quality education though. So would Durham and Bradford be better than EBS?
> Purely online

Pros
> Lowest cost
> Specific and lean curriculum

Also would you suggest for Open University or Oxford Brookes?

Thanks!

Hi I am confused on which school to choose.

I would like to gain you insights on which would be the most appropriate school for leadership transformation. I would like the MBA which would greatly contribute to development and practical application of skills esp soft skills.

I am gearing towards Henley Flexible Executive DL due to the blended delivery of the programme (2 to 3 days workshop every two months). However, the following are my concerns:
> It is not included in the recent rankings
> Higher cost

My next option:
Edinburgh Business School
Cons
> EBS is not included in the recent FT and QS top rankings for distance learning MBA, but I believe it has a long history of providing high quality education though. So would Durham and Bradford be better than EBS?
> Purely online

Pros
> Lowest cost
> Specific and lean curriculum

Also would you suggest for Open University or Oxford Brookes?

Thanks!
quote
Duncan

I can't see any reason for considering the Heriot-Watt EBS degree. It is not accredited. I don't get your point about "a long history of providing high quality education". Are you confusing it with the University of Edinburgh?

If you want soft skills development, then you should look for Henley or another programme with a lot of face time. Perhaps consider Manchester or the Euro*MBA as examples.

I can't see any reason for considering the Heriot-Watt EBS degree. It is not accredited. I don't get your point about "a long history of providing high quality education". Are you confusing it with the University of Edinburgh?

If you want soft skills development, then you should look for Henley or another programme with a lot of face time. Perhaps consider Manchester or the Euro*MBA as examples.
quote
badux

Interesting that these are the only universities that you're looking at. Just curious - why?

Indeed, if the choice is only between the Henley program and the Heriot-Watt program, the Henley program is the better bet. Heriot-Watt doesn't have accreditation from AMBA, EQUIS, or AACSB. But if you're talking about the "University of Edinburgh Business School" then that is a different story:

http://find-mba.com/schools/uk-ireland/scotland/edinburgh-uebs

That one is a good school with a high-quality MBA.

The OU program is also good, and a better choice than Oxford Brookes.

Interesting that these are the only universities that you're looking at. Just curious - why?

Indeed, if the choice is only between the Henley program and the Heriot-Watt program, the Henley program is the better bet. Heriot-Watt doesn't have accreditation from AMBA, EQUIS, or AACSB. But if you're talking about the "University of Edinburgh Business School" then that is a different story:

http://find-mba.com/schools/uk-ireland/scotland/edinburgh-uebs

That one is a good school with a high-quality MBA.

The OU program is also good, and a better choice than Oxford Brookes.
quote

Thank you for your response. Initially I was searching based on online MBA rankings hence I the choice for Durham and Bradford and Warwick/IE are higher in cost. Then I stumbled in a discussion board and they have been discussing EBS (initially I did confused it with UoE) as a good school and doesn't cost as much.

Thank you for your response. Initially I was searching based on online MBA rankings hence I the choice for Durham and Bradford and Warwick/IE are higher in cost. Then I stumbled in a discussion board and they have been discussing EBS (initially I did confused it with UoE) as a good school and doesn't cost as much.

quote
Duncan

Really? You found someone praising the EBS MBA? What is a marketer? I'd love to see that. Do you have a link?

Really? You found someone praising the EBS MBA? What is a marketer? I'd love to see that. Do you have a link?
quote

Here Duncan. One of the links that I can find again.. there are other posts but couldn't find the links..
http://www.degreeinfo.com/business-mba-degrees/17995-university-leicester-mba-vs-edinburgh-business-school-mba.html

I've decided to go to Henley... hopefully I get accepted.

Here Duncan. One of the links that I can find again.. there are other posts but couldn't find the links..
http://www.degreeinfo.com/business-mba-degrees/17995-university-leicester-mba-vs-edinburgh-business-school-mba.html

I've decided to go to Henley... hopefully I get accepted.
quote
Duncan

Okay, but 'Professor Kennedy' explicitly says that he is biased because it works for EBS. Can his comments are certainly mistaken. In that post, for example, he says (in 2005) that LBS awarded its own LBS rather than that of the University of London. That is mistaken: I am an LBS alumnus, from 2004 who thus graduated in 2005, and my MBA is certainly from the UoL.

Good choice with Henley.

[Edited by Duncan on Aug 20, 2015]

Okay, but 'Professor Kennedy' explicitly says that he is biased because it works for EBS. Can his comments are certainly mistaken. In that post, for example, he says (in 2005) that LBS awarded its own LBS rather than that of the University of London. That is mistaken: I am an LBS alumnus, from 2004 who thus graduated in 2005, and my MBA is certainly from the UoL.

Good choice with Henley.
quote

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Reading (United Kingdom), United Kingdom (UK) 21 Followers 21 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom (UK) 40 Followers 79 Discussions
Durham (United Kingdom), United Kingdom (UK) 55 Followers 78 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom (UK) 26 Followers 19 Discussions

Other Related Content

Mar 03, 2020

The Financial Times Updates Online MBA Ranking for 2020

News Mar 03, 2020

The Power of the Online MBA

Article Feb 03, 2020

A whole host of schools are rolling out Online MBA programs this fall – but do the advantages of online outweigh the disadvantages?